Work with us
Join a highly motivated team of talented people.
APS & Associates seeks an organized and enthusiastic problem solver to join our team as a Public Affairs Associate. This role is instrumental in ensuring the smooth functioning of the APS & Associates firm, supporting the firm and clients in multiple capacities. The ideal candidate is able to juggle competing priorities, act quickly on immediate requests, manage ever-changing calendars and both foresee and resolve issues proactively, all while keeping a level head. Reporting to the President, this role will coordinate with other staff and across all clients – an exciting opportunity to be involved in all aspects of public affairs work.
The Public Affairs Associate will assist with:
- Assisting ongoing political campaigns and strategic goals
- Managing volunteer programs for a campaign or initiative
- Designing marketing materials (e.g. informational flyers, graphics)
- Creating digital content calendars and managing social media and email marketing accounts
- Representing clients and/or staffing clients at relevant events
- Supporting fundraising efforts with donor research, call-time support, financial tracking, events
- Preparing event, legislative, and political briefs or memos for clients
- Managing business and administrative tasks (e.g. database management)
- Drafting communications materials (e.g. memos, press releases, scripts, talking points)
- Performs miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- 3-4 years experience in public affairs, political management or communications work; Experience preferred in campaign work, specifically field
- Familiarity with with NGP VAN, social media and email marketing tools
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of equity, inclusion and justice
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
APS & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. People of all racial and cultural identities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. APS & Associates offers a benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, as well as medical and dental coverage. The company has a hybrid schedule of working in the office and working remotely, and this role may include some evening and weekend hours. This a full-time position with a salary range of $50,000 - $65,000. To apply, send your resume and an email detailing your interest in the role to Rachel@apsandassociates.com.